buenas
you could also get the current gem svn with:
svn co https://pd-gem.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pd-gem pd-gem
and configure it with:
 ./configure --with-libv4l2 --with-pd=/pathtopdsources/
don't forget to install libv4l & libv4l-dev
then set the driver of pix_video with a driver v4l2 message & it should work without the LD workaround!
salutis
olsen