Ok, found the bug, it was a quoting issue. Check tomorrow's build, or build pddplink.dll yourself by going to externals/miXed/pddp and running "make" the file will then be in externals/miXed/bin/ pddplink.dll

.hc

On Jan 3, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

--- On Mon, 1/4/10, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
Subject: Re: Using "all_about_x" patches as abstractions in help files
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Pd List" <pd-list@iem.at>
Date: Monday, January 4, 2010, 2:03 AM

Glad to see you thinking about improving the docs :)
We tried the abstraction thing before, but got in trouble
because so much stuff got loaded when loading a single help
patch, then there were also seemingly endless loops of

Well it wouldn't be a problem if you're only using abstractions in this manner in help patches and not in the "all_about_x" patches. But I guess this restriction means the method doesn't scale well.

I'd prefer to get pddplink working well and use it
throughout.  It seems to be the best approach, provided
it works.  Can you describe the problem with pddplink
or provide an example patch?

I don't think pddplink likes spaces in the filename.

Ok, in windows xp open the pd browser and in the examples/pddp/, click on
pddplink-test-01.pd.  All the links should work.  Now go in and change
the name of the containing folder from "pddp" to "pddp bug".  Now when
you open that same patch, you'll get a tk error message for every
[pddplink] object (excluding the ones with the -box flag).

But I don't understand why I don't see the error message in the first
place, because pd/doc/examples/pddp/ is in the "Program Files" folder.

-Jonathan

.hc