Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

On Jan 13, 2010, at 11:39 AM, cyrille henry wrote:

IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :

this is how 0.43 currently looks.
ok

The look of the font is largely based on what fonts you have installed and what fonts Tcl/Tk finds and assigns to "courier". That is a flaky process, and something that has changed in Tcl/Tk 8.5. I highly recommend installing the font "Inconsolata", its in Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. It makes Pd look really nice, and pd-gui-rewrite will use it automatically if it can find it.
i install ttf-inconsolata, and still have the same error and same look.
(?)

but i've got this message in pd log :
WARNING: Font family 'Courier' not found, using default (courier)

This means that Tk could not find a font called "Courier" on your system and is using the Tk automagic font called 'courier'. Tk has three of these automagic fonts called Courier, Times, and Helvetica. How they are handled has changed in 8.5. They used to show up in [font families], now they don't IIRC. These three automagic fonts are guaranteed to exist, but they are automagically mapped to some font on the system, and those fonts they are mapped to are not guaranteed to be the same font as the name used for the automagic font. This is a source of lots of font troubles in GNU/Linux, that's why there is some font detection logic included in 0.43. So it'll detect and use good fonts like Inconsolata.

If you think you can make the font handling work better on GNU/Linux, I encourage you to do it. Federico and I have done what we can.

FYI: I switched back this branch to default to bold fonts (shudder...) in preparation for the merge into vanilla.
cool

i take your "look better" for slight sarcasm here, though i don't think
it looks that bad (apart from the non-bold font)
are the sometimes color changing line a feature????

I think its a feature, but it should be more subtle. It needs to be tweaked, its not done yet.
ok

why did "clear printout" disappear?

Edit->Clear Console and Ctrl-Shift-L

do you think "DSP" is more clear than "compute audio"?

What if you are not working with audio but doing other kinds of digital signal processing? The message is called 'pd dsp 1'. Having the same thing named three different ways makes no sense (Pd window checkbox "compute audio", Media menu "audio on/off", pd message "pd dsp 1"). So now its called DSP all three places.

If you don't like the new Pd window, take the file "pdwindow.tcl", rename it to "pdwindow-plugin.tcl" and put it in your Pd path. Then make your own custom Pd window. Here's the steps:

- rename the namespace from 'pdwindow' to something else
- delete these public procs: ::pdwindow::create_window, pdtk_post, pdtk_pd_dsp, pdtk_pd_meters, pdtk_pd_dio, using "rename pdtk_post {}"
- implement those above procs with those names

well, i also don't really read this text, so i do not fell the need to change
it on my computer. but i think some peoples who use pd to make sound does not
know what is a dsp.

I'd like to see if this is possible. Let me know if you have troubles, and I'll see what I can fix in the 0.43 code to make it easier to do this kind of thing.

.hc

there is definitely a bug in the linespacing ("\n" are inserted at will)
yep, also.

fgmadsr
IOhannes

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick