I think I got it to work by putting a [delay 1000] between the [loadbang] and the [; pd dsp 1(

.hc

On Jan 27, 2010, at 5:56 PM, Florian Hollerweger wrote:

Hi list,

I apologize for bringing up an old issue, but although I have found
others with the same problem [1,2], I cannot seem to find a solution in
the list archive:

For

        pd -nogui mypatch.pd

I get a

        /dev/dsp (read/write): Device or resource busy
        [...]
        audio I/O stuck... closing audio

if, and only if, mypatch.pd contains a

        [loadbang]

        [;
         pd dsp 1<

The same patch loads fine if I omit the -nogui flag. The problem can not
only be produced by loadbanging the DSP, but also like this:

        pd -nogui -send "pd dsp 1" mypatch.pd

The problem can *not* be solved by specifying further flags such as
        -alsa
        -r 44100
        -audiodev [...]

as suggested at [1], [2] and possibly elsewhere. The only workaround for
me so far is to turn on the DSP later using a message from pdsend to
[netreceive].

Any ideas?

best,
flo.H