Hi
As for nonlocal send and receive on the current msg box: you've already got a nonlocal send by starting the message box with a semicolon.

That's a different thing. It's not just a matter of being able or not being able to send a message to wherever, it is a matter of how the box behaves. As a user, would you be happy if you were filling a form and there was an input field with a label that says: "Please enter your name and surname, preceded by a semicolon, a newline, the word 'name' in all lower case without quotes, and a white space"?

:)

However, I think you are right in that the "gui-element message box" (like a numberbox for messages) should probably be a different object than the "traditional" message box, and (I add) it should probably not allow semicolon and embedded-target-syntax (i.e. sending messages to arbitrary targets included in the message itself) because you couldn't in any possible way preventing the user to use it (involuntarily) to send messages to the wrong target.

I think for some situations the ; method is handy at although it may look weird at first it's just another convention.

I do agree that the GUI-visible object should be something slightly different without the send and possibly with gui-customization options like other guis (colour, font etc).. In the end more like a button.

Bests,
Lorenzo