From: Matteo Sisti Sette <matteosistise...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] Strange bug in my patch
To: jancs...@yahoo.com
Cc: "PD list" <pd-list@iem.at>
Date: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 1:00 PM
On winxp it will consistently
freeze the computer, forcing a reboot.
-Jonathan
"Only" on single-processor machines.

Oh, that's interesting. But if I do that on a dual core machine, it won't let me "End Task"-- I have to actually kill the wish process manually, after which the task manager still says that CPU usage is at 100%. And if I try to start Pd again, it's visibly slower, and if I try to bang another [until] it will freeze the entire computer (kind of like that Simpsons episode where Homer tries to pull his legs out of the tarpit with his hands, then tries to pull his hands out with his head...)

So it seems like sooner or later you have to restart in windows to get things back to normal.

-Jonathan

-- Matteo Sisti Sette
matteosistise...@gmail.com
http://www.matteosistisette.com