On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

Mathieu Bouchard escribió:
both are truly cubic interpolations.
IIRC, one kind of cubic interpolation is designed to go through all four points, and the other kind is designed to be pieced with other cubic interpolations, and Miller confused the two and left the bug there.
According to his last message, he intentionally implemented the first one.
However I still don't understand why; I can't see in which way the first can be preferrable to the second.

Well, then, let's say that he *intentionally* *confused* the two !!

I think that when he says « most measures of distorsion », when he doesn't tell which, it's because he can't tell.