Is it safe to say that pd will first look for a 'binary' external (eg myext.pd_linux or myext.dll) and then for a .pd one (myext.pd) and that in the former case the binary one will be used?

Specifically I have a pd_linux and a dll version of a small (but repeated a lot) external but not a mac one (havn't got a clue how to compile it as I have no mac). So I thought of a .pd 'fallback' for mac users. The idea is that opening the patch on a mac will use the .pd version otherwise the platform specific binary.

Thanks.
Lorenzo