On Jul 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Damian Stewart wrote:

On 09 Jul 2010, at 21:12, pd-list-requ...@iem.at wrote:
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:05:53 +0200
From: Dan Wilcox <danomat...@gmail.com>
2 things:

- the "snd_pcm_open (output): Device or resource busy" issue is, as Iohannes said, due to the -nogui bug. Put a delay on your "dsp 1" message. I use 100 ms.

yeah, fixed that, thanks!

- the crackles are probably coming from dropouts due to pd not running in realtime. Try this and use alsa: http://puredata.info/docs/tutorials/HowToRunPDWithRealtimePriorityInUbuntu . I have not problem on a slow machine using alsa and -rt without Jack.

ok, did all that - now i think it worked because with the -rt flag the gui was extremely slow, but the messages to the console were 'proirity scheduling 6' and 'priority scheduling 8', not the 98 i was expecting.

in any case, sound output (full of clicks) is exactly the same running -rt as running without.

the only way i was able to get something that even vaguely resembled what i was expecting was by using the -blocksize argument to set a blocksize of around 16384 or more frames... but even then it was still full of clicks, it just didn't sound so stupid.

Can you get any audio app working properly on the beagleboard? I vaguely remember something about bugs in the ALSA driver for that hardware.