On Sat, 18 Sep 2010, Pierre Massat wrote:

He would like me to try and do something similar for one of our songs, so i said yeah i could do this with Pd there's GEM and it's just about as powerful as Jitter et cetera.

GEM itself doesn't cover that much of Jitter's functionality, and GridFlow doesn't cover that much of it either. I think it really takes both GridFlow and GEM together, to be able to cover a very large fraction of Jitter's functionality. However, remember that there are also things that you can do in GridFlow or GEM and don't exist in Jitter.