Hi,

The binary 'just worked' on ubuntu 10.04. Haven't had much time to do real testing though (opened, connected jack, test audio basically).

Could you elaborate a little on the gui improvements? Does this impact (improve) performance with many gui elements (such as sliders, numberboxes etc.)?

Thanks,
Lorenzo

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
The front/back option works on as many selected objects as you like. Simply
select objects you wish to be moved, right click, and then select the desired
action. That said I do agree that it would be probably a good idea to also have
a keyboard shortcut and place them in the menu.

Jonathan Wilkes<jancs...@yahoo.com>  wrote:

One comment about bring to front/send to back:
* I think I'd rather see this as "Edit" menu options that work on
all selected objects, rather than per object.  This would be more
useful for those situations where people are building complex GUIs.
(And if necessary it could have a keyboard shortcut.)
This would allow the right-click menu to retain its simplicity
of having only those three options that are of general use to the
user.  (I think bring to front/send to back is a wonderful feature
but it's definitely way more specialized than getting help,
GUI properties, or opening a subpatch).

One thing I'm noticing about the new connection icon:  if I point the
mouse over an outlet and then move the mouse about 20-40 pixels to
the right, the connection icon remains even though it won't spawn a
wire if I click and drag.

-Jonathan