Great suggestion! That might work quite nicely. We only have to make sure for
legacy purposes that wherever in the old code this variable is being checked
that it can gracefully handle values less than 0.

That said, my top priority as of right now is further testing current code as
well as continuing to work on my neck piece. Beyond that I would like to make
all iem objects resizable via GUI, revamp the to-front and to-back algorithm so
that it does not rely upon undo, followed by an "infinite" undo, and then
tooltips, improved color picker, improve upon the tidy algorithm, and then weed
through the documentation and externals and only keep those that are well
maintained and are not redundant. Your suggestion might fit nicely somewhere
inside here as well.

I would also like to see Qt-ified (or better yet juce-ified) version of the
whole thing. This will however have to wait.

 Long story short it might be a while before I make the next big push. In the
meantime, as always, contributions will be most welcome provided they do not
break the backwards compatibility.

Cheers!

Ico