On Wed, 15 Dec 2010, tim vets wrote:

Hi all,I was trying to get a slider ( [hsl] ) to change color gradually as you drag it to the right. I'm using the RGB color subpatch from the slider help patch (inside subpatch 'editing') The strange thing is: when I drag the slider itself, it doesn't follow the RGB values, but it jumps between colors  (the color presets I believe ?).  When I use another slider to change the color of the first slider it does work... Any idea why? (see attached patch) gr, Tim

The problem is because you are not rounding the values to integers : thus the red bits bleed all over the green bits and blue bits.

You could also use [#to_iem], which is easy to use, and does this for you.