On Mon, 20 Dec 2010, Andy Farnell wrote:

In spite of a relativist position the idea of "a correct interpretation" of creativity is destroyed. It would make the most hardened cognitive scientist take a step back and question deeply all they think they know. Turns out there are as many kinds of creativity as there are minds. That's what makes it creativity.

Creativity, imagination and intelligence are some of those words that nobody really agrees on. They are clouds of impressions of hardly definable phenomena. I tend to avoid using those words like one would avoid Pandora's can of worms. OTOH they're often hard to avoid.

But the word « simplicity » might be even more complex to deal with. (?)

Is it just my impression, that a real hardened cognitive scientist would have already questioned all they think they know (or what anyone else thinks they know) before even getting to that book ?

Artificial Intelligence's trickiest task was always to define what they mean by « Intelligence » in their field's title ;)