----- "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <i...@vt.edu> a écrit :
I guess subject says it all. For the sake of efficiency I am hoping to detect whether an inlet is connected to anything and if so to perform its signal-based operations. Otherwise, it should remain dormant. Is there anything in the existing API that allows for this?

[gf/lol] does look at the way that an abstraction-instance is being patched, so that it can do automatic repositioning of all objects connected to the rightmost inlet, or hiding wires, or drawing segmented wires, etc.

It's the closest thing I can think about. It's currently used by [doc_m] and [doc_also]. In those cases, those are only message-outlets that aren't even used for carrying any messages at all, but you could use it in a different way.

  http://gridflow.ca/help/gf/lol-help.html
  http://gridflow.ca/gallery/%23range-help-edit.png
  http://gridflow.ca/help/doc_also-help.html

This could be the basis for coding an external that does what you want.

(ps: I am not on pd-dev)