hello list,

i was making some searches about tweaking pd-extended's gui to make it
"fancier" and not easily editable by casual users (planning some labs with
children... but also my band's guitarist can be dangerous!). I have come across
various things, but most of them seem to be very outdated. I'm on ubuntu
maverick. I've read about:

1) a kiosk mode flag, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore
2) standalone app maker, only for mac
3) GriPD: seems nice but very outdated
4) Desire data: last release is one year old and i don't know wheter it has the
capabilities i need
5) Running pure data with the -nogui flag + Gem (i see Lorenzo Sutton made some
objects that could be useful: http://lorenzosu.altervista.org/pd/gem%20gui/)
6) an Edit Mode Look plugin, but i don't know how to activate this, i guess by
patching the source code (something i'm very unfamiliar with, but i could
try...)

I also tought about looking into the pd-l2ork project (currently i'm trying to
make it load Gem library), and trying to install pd-extended 0.43 to see if
there was some change that could be helpful, but the autobuild for maverick
doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone have more up-to-date informations and suggestions?

thanks,
athos