Wow, that's really nice! The dynamic updating with the checkboxes is impressive. More features and better formatting. My only complaint is the "No DESCRIPTION tag." message, I say it'd be better just blank.

There is also a weird thing where I can't grab the scrollbar and move it, only scroll with the mousewheel. This is using Pd-extended 0.43 from 02-02 on Mac OS X 10.5/Intel.

.hc

On Jan 25, 2011, at 1:03 AM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Remixed!

-Jonathan

--- On Thu, 1/13/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at> wrote:

From: Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>
Subject: Re: [PD] keyword/regexp search of documentation in a plugin
To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancs...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "pd-list" <PD-list@iem.at>
Date: Thursday, January 13, 2011, 6:00 PM
Attached is an updated version:

On Jan 12, 2011, at 9:13 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

1 the results aren't clickable

Which platform?  They are for me on Ubuntu/maverick,
Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6.

2 you can't enter multiple non-contiguous terms

Its a regexp really, so it doesn't really do keyword
searches.  Ideally, this would use a search engine like
xapian, then it could do keyword searches.  I just
added code to replace spaces in the searchtext with the
regexp code ".*" so that it'll search non-contiguous words,
but the first word will always be before the second in
search results.

3 no control over AND vs. OR (or is there?)

regexp

4 doesn't differentiate between tutorial/example
patches and object-help
patches (what if I just want to find the object named
'gate'?)

Hmm, that wouldn't be too hard to do, I guess it would be a
pull down menu of: object, message, comment, array, any.

5 most of the results don't fit into the window size

The window should be resizable.

6 full text search makes it impossible to get useful
results for 'float',
array', 'list', etc.

That sounds like fully typed searching, which would be very
nice, but much harder to do.  My goal right now is to
get a basic search function working.  Hopefully my code
is clear enough that others will make their own custom
search plugins.  I could see simple search, regexp,
search engine, etc.

7 can't search by inlet, object function, author, etc.
(PDDP META tags)

Why not?  This works for me: author.*steiner

8 non-friendly user interface

I spruced it up a bit with this latest version.

9 it doesn't seem to be searching the manual

Ah, I'll add .html to the file types it searches.

.hc

I've already got a pd patch that is well on its way to
curing 1-8 (posted
screenshots awhile back), but it requires toxy, which
seems to have been
removed from pd-ext, and there is currently no
(non-buggy) tk 'entry'
object in existence.

-Jonathan

--- On Wed, 1/12/11, Hans-Christoph Steiner <h...@at.or.at>