Hi Jeff,

Glad to get your RSVP!

1)We are organizing many of these launch events on the fly, as
have a
wiki-version after we fill in the blanks a bit more.  But meanwhile, a direct
answer:

2) The time/place for the kickoff event Monday with Miller is one thing we do
know:

  When:  April 25, Monday
  Where: UCSD campus
         Calit2 (California Institute for Telecommunications and Information
Technology)
         La Jolla CA

  Time:  4PM - 8PM  light refreshments (no-host)

NB: This event is anomalous because it is in La Jolla (north San
    Diego.  We plan to have a couple of shuttles going from San Diego
    -> LA the next day (Tuesday morning), which should help.
    But also there is a nice train route SD-> LA along the coast, and
    the usual commuter air, rental-car gambits are easily managed if
    you prefer those.