>FLOSS is not an economic model, it's a set of licenses (and of potential
future licenses with the same basic characteristics).
I agree with you Mathieu. Furthermore I leave this quote, that helps to pave
a clear understanding

In the context of free <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software>
and open-source
software <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open-source_software>, *free* refers
to the freedom to copy and re-use the software,* rather than to the price of
the software*. The Free Software
Foundation<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Software_Foundation>,
an organization that advocates the free software model, suggests that, to
understand the concept, one should "think of free as in free speech, not as
in free beer".

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 2:03 AM, João Pais <jmmmp...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I have been considering making a donation since i've been using Pd
>> extensively for a few years now. But could someone tell me exactly how it
>> works? Who gets the money? How is it split between the different
>> developpers? For instance, i'm assuming that Miller Puckette should get a
>> fair share of the donations since we're all using Pd vanilla at least, but
>> use HID a lot in my patches, so Hans should get his share too. And i never
>> use GEM or Gridflow (cause i have no need for it at the moment), so i
>> don't
>> see why part of my donation should go to Mathieu or GEM's author(s). Yet i
>> sure that thousands of people use GEM, and these developpers should be
>> supported as well. In short, how does it work, and how do we make this
>> sustainable?
>>

> As said by someone else, whoever you send money to, gets it. There's no
> bank account, or anyone controlling who is getting what. Since Mr. Puckette
> has (what seems to be) a nice job, I wouldn't worry much with him, but more
> with other younger developpers who are much busier working in Pd nowadays.
> If you want to share your wealth, these people should be more in need.
>
> João Pais

Pedro Lopes (MSc)
contact: pedro.lo...@ist.utl.pt
website: http://web.ist.utl.pt/Pedro.Lopes /