To get all available objects, you would have to first get the list of loaded classes from 'pd', then traverse the whole search path to see the objects that could be loaded. Its doable.

.hc

On Apr 3, 2011, at 5:29 PM, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

Here's a hack to get around the hacky creator names of the list objects
(I also added "list", but I'm not sure if you want to use aliases.)

Is there no way to just get a list of all the creator names that are
available when Pd loads up?

-Jonathan

--- On Sun, 4/3/11, yvan volochine <yvan...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: yvan volochine <yvan...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [PD] 3 new gui-plugins
To: "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <h...@at.or.at>
Cc: pd-list@iem.at
Date: Sunday, April 3, 2011, 6:53 PM
On 04/03/2011 06:44 PM,
Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

On Apr 3, 2011, at 12:12 PM, yvan volochine wrote:

On 04/03/2011 05:57 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner
wrote:

Wow, I love the tab autocompletion plugin!
What would be amazing if we
had a bash-style completion files were the
arguments were also
tab-completable, when relevant. Things like
filenames, table/array
names, send/receive names, etc. This
completion file could be included
in libraries. It really highlights how badly
we need Enter/Return to
instantiate the object.

Personally I prefer the default
tcsh/bash-style where tab doesn't cycle
thru the options when you hit tab repeatly. I
could see a bash/tcsh
style display of the options, like in a popup
when you hit tab
repeatedly.

hey thanks.
I'm not really supposed to dedicate that ammount
of time developping
for pd but as I'm unemployed right now =)
I'm afraid the bash style auto-completion is a bit
above my head, but
the idea is nice.

Basically, the first is the trigger: hitting tab twice
where the tab
does not add any more characters. So using your plugin
as an example,
type M-O-Tab-Tab would then list 'mod' and 'moses' as
options but not
change the 'mo' in the box. Those options could then
be in a popup menu
to both see and select with the keyboard or mouse.

yeah that's what I wanted first: a ComboBox below the
object box, but
then I had troubles with object box coordinates (did the
user click or
is the object still moving with the cursor, etc...) and I
started adding
some "if" and all kind of stuff inside mouse motion
procedures and that
became nasty.
this (and the fact that I wanted it now =) made me rewrite
the plugin
with the "cycling-through-completions-with-tab" behavior
(which I still
find very cool for speedy-patching)

cheers,
_y

Adding the argument completion would probably be a lot
more work, but I
haven't really thought about it. But just having
object name completion
is huge!

.hc

One thing that needs to happen to make the
auto-complete plugin more
deployable is to have all its procs in its own
namespace. Otherwise
there can easily be name conflicts with other
things named 'init',
'trigger', etc.

done

(FYI: sending to pd-announce also sends to
pd-list)

okay

cheers,
_y

You can't steal a gift. Bird gave the world his music,
and if you can
hear it, you can have it. - Dizzy Gillespie

<autocompletion-plugin.tcl>

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits. - Martin Luther King, Jr.