Hi,

I've found out that Pd takes a lot longer to load big patches when run without the -realtime option (or if you prefer, it is a lot faster in loading patches if run with the -realtime option). "A lot" means an order of magnitude and a half.
This is on Linux. Does this happen on Mac too?

I guess this is because realtime gives it a higher overall priority, but I wouldn't expect this to affect the loading of patches, would you? I don't know if anything can be done about this, but _if_ it can, I think Pd should try to load a patch as fast as possible regardless of whether it is in realtime mode or not. Couldn't it "acquire" this higher priority (the way it does when launched with -realtime) temporarily before loading a patch and then "release" it? Or is that a static thing that can only be determined at startup?

Just some thoughts

Cheers
m.