On 25.07.2011 15:04, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

On 2011-07-25 14:51, u...@xdv.org wrote:
hey there,

On 2011-07-24 17:05, u...@xdv.org wrote:
i'm running: pd-0.42.5-extended
my gem version is: 0.92.3
on x86_64 ubuntu 10.10
there are some known problems with shaderID->t_float mapping on 64bit
i thought at some point one should leave the 32bit comfort zone.
systems which are fixed in current trunk.
ok, i did the svn update, but now i can't build Gem anymore. make fails
pretty soon, saying:
Dylib.cpp: In function ?std::string getFullfilename(const _glist*, const
char*, const char*)?:
Dylib.cpp:157: error: ?canvas_open? was not declared in this scope

svn log tells me these files have been worked on recently, so it might
not be entirely my ignorance.

indeed :-)

however, i have the feeling, that your compiler simply cannot find
m_pd.h (and you did not give us the full error message that would have
said that)
i did give the --with-pd option as ../pd/src so ./configure did not complain in the first place. weirdly now trying to reproduce it, libtool says, it can't determine the absolute directory name.
i swear, that wasn't there before. :D
i don't know where pd-extended puts its headers, you might try something
like:
$ ./configure --with-pd=/usr/include/pdextended/
anyway ... it did compile, it did install, the shader examples work and my shader also more or less works. joo!

and don't forget, that now the entire build process is in ...gem/ rather
than ...gem/src/
saw that. :)

thanks for the help!

ciao,