Hello,

I am happy to announce Version 0.5 of PuREST JSON, a library for working with JSON data and communication with RESTful HTTP webservices, that use JSON data.

What is JSON?
JSON (JavaScript Object Notation) is a lightweight data-interchange format. It is easy for humans to read and write. It is easy for machines to parse and generate. It is based on a subset of the JavaScript Programming Language, Standard ECMA-262 3rd Edition - December 1999. JSON is a text format that is completely language independent but uses conventions that are familiar to programmers of the C-family of languages, including C, C++, C#, Java, JavaScript, Perl, Python, and many others. These properties make JSON an ideal data-interchange language.

Why should I care about JSON and PuREST JSON?
A lot of services on the web are available through JSON webservices, e.g. you can use live data from Twitter via a JSON API and use it for generative art - an example using Bitcoin prices is included. A lot of NoSQL databases use JSON data and a RESTful interface for storing and retrieving data, e.g. MongoDB and CouchDB.

Examples, helpfiles and manual are included in the source and Debian package.

Download:
Sourcecode from github: https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson
Debian package for i386: https://github.com/downloads/residuum/PuRestJson/purest-json_0.5_i386.deb

See the changelog:
https://github.com/residuum/PuRestJson/blob/master/Changelog.txt

Have fun and best regards,
Thomas
--
"Anything can be a tool - poverty, war. War is useful because it
is effective in so many areas." (Bijaz to Hayt in: Frank Herbert -