On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 11:31 -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> > I just tested that with the [wiimote] from pd-svn and it seems I can
> > have three continuous streams going at the same time (though the
> > update
> > rate seems to lower). I enabled accelerometers, IR and motionplus and
> > got updates on all three. Is it really a limitation by cwiid, then?
> >
> > Roman
>
> Cwiid demos (e.g. wmgui) exhibit the same limit of 2 streams which suggests
> it is indeed a problem with cwiid. To clarify my observation, while you do
> get "updates" on all three, one of them is frozen (does not change values but
> just outputs the same over and over).

Again, this is not the case with [wiimote]. I tested the following
setups:

* accelerometers, IR, motionplus
* accelerometers, IR, classic controller

All three sensors are updated frequently (I was wrong when I claimed it
got significantly slower; this was due to having the Pd GUI be shown in
a VNC session).

This doesn't work:

* accelerometers, motionplus, classic controller

It seems, you cannot use two extensions at the same time. It's either
motionplus or classic controller, but not both at the same time.

Note: This is with 0.6.00+svn201 (in Ubuntu 11.04), probably this
matters? AFAICT, [wiimote] from svn does _not_ use a local version of
cwiid.h.

Another note: I experience the same behaviour with wmgui: It only lets
me display two stream simultaneously and it lacks a section for
motionplus.

Roman