Hi,

thanks for your replies, I wasn't aware of the function of [until]'s right inlet. It does work much faster that way.

This is a kind of general problem: What is the "speedlimit of data" in
Pd?
How many operations can be done until a stack overflow occurs?

There is a place where the limit is hardcoded-- that's what gives the "buffer overflow" error. It protects against infinite recursive loops in some cases but not in others, as well as being a nuisance when you need to have a recursive loop more than 1,000 levels deep. I think matju precisely explained how it
works on the list somewhere (definitely more precisely than I can).

ok, I'll look for that