On 2012-08-13 10:34, Jeppi Jeppi wrote:
Hi all,
I am looking for a simple way to play midifiles from pd and being able
to set alter their base tempo. It seems Mr.Peach [midifile] doesn't
offer that possibility so, what would you suggest me to do?

The bangs you send to [midifile] set the tempo. [midifile] actually ignores the tempo of the midi file and you can play it at whatever speed you like by changing the [metro]. For example [metro 1.5] plays twice as fast as [metro 3]. Each bang advances the tick count of the midi file by one. There is a field in each midi file that specifies how many ticks per quarter note, so you can make playback tempo-accurate by reading that value and setting the metro accordingly, at least if you know which notes are quarter notes ;) The right outlet of [midifile] outputs status from the file including ticks_per_quarternote and microsec_per_quarternote.

Martin

Thanks in advance
Josep M