On 09/28/2012 12:10 PM, András Murányi wrote:
>> It could be a useful way to provide Debian/squeeze packages.

>> ~/auto-build/pd-extended/scripts/auto-build/pd-extended-source-tarball.sh
>>>>
>>> Hm, I don't have this script yet in ~auto-build/ ... It seems it doesn't
>>> work if I just download it to any place along with its whole folder, but
>>> cannot run it from the main run-automated-builder script either, because
>>> rsync cannot reach the server.
>> you need to get them from SVN:
>>
>> cd ~/auto-build/pd-extended/scripts
>> svn up
>> cd ..
>> svn up
>>
> That did the trick!
> The script itself didn't succeed at the first run but the third run
> completed clean.
> And it deletes the file at the end so I needed to copy it before it
> finished :o)

I just committed some fixes for that. :)  But you can also get a source
tarball that's generated each night:

http://blinky.at.or.at/auto-build/2012-09-28/

>> The rsync method is gone for now, and perhaps permanently.  I'm trying
>> to see if I can make the cleaning process work without rsync.

>>> get 'puredata' working, then it would be very handy if you could make

>>> Well, the deb thing is stuck at this line now:

>>> The file is pulled from
>>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/pure-data/files/pd-extended/0.42.5/Pd-0.42.5-extended.tar.gz
>>> (It has a packages/linux_make/debian folder but still no good.)
>>> Is there a .tar.gz for pd-extended online which is suitable for deb
>>> packaging and I could link to it? I don't want to reinvent the wheel...
>>> BTW, Is there a Pd-0.42.5-extended-dev.deb (or alike) that I could study
>> or
>>> use for parts?
>>>
>>> The rpm is losing it here:

>> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Pd-0.42.5-extended/externals/unauthorized/mp3live~/../linux/mp3streamin~.libs
>>>>
>> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/Pd-0.42.5-extended/externals/unauthorized/mp3live~/../linux/mp3streamin~.libs`
>>>>
>>> As far as I understood lame-devel is not available in Fedora. How do I
>>> proceed?
>>>
>>> András
>>>
>> For Debian/squeeze, we rely on the libmp3lame-dev that's in
>> squeeze-backports.  Previously, it was required that people downloaded
>> it from deb-multimedia.org.  I guess you'd need to get it from somewhere
>> else, but I don't know enough about Fedora to say.  Does PlanetCCRMA
>> include lame?  I think that would be the best place for dependencies.
>>
> Planet CCRMA does have lame, but the OBS doesn't have Planet CCRMA.
> It is possible to fetch and build the lame sources into with pd but then we
> would have the lame binary bundled into pd which is not something we want,
> do we?
> So my best idea right now is to disable the external(s) that use lame.

That's easiest for now.  I think only 'unauthorized' and maybe 'iemlib'
require lame.

>> I think it'll be a lot easier if you start with just 'puredata' and the
>> libs based on the Library Template.  Then once you get the hang of basic
>> RPM packaging, you can take on the whole pd-extended, which can be
>> painful.  Also, I think that Pd-extended 0.43.1 will be a lot easier to
>> package since I've fixed all of the problems that came up during the
>> proper debian packaging.
>>

> Well... I'm actually enjoying RPM packaging, it's a nice compact thing with
> everything controlled from a single spec file, and at the moment the
> simpler way for me is to try to get pd-extended build, and to get into the
> Library Template, which I'm completely unfamiliar with, at a later point.
> The problems which I'm having are with some individual externals, but this
> way when I solve one, the next one comes up, so it's easy to go through all
> of them. At least I hope so.
> I'd even say: let me finish packaging 0.42.5-extended as a monolith now
> (according to the original topic), and let's do 0.43 with the Library
> Template approach later. Is that OK?
>
> Again, I'm focusing more on the RPM side and I'd by happy if I could feed a
> debian-ready source tar.gz to the OBS, and I'd provide only the dsc. The
> less cool way is to upload a static file (like the one generated by
> pd-extended-source-tarball.sh), the more cool way would be to link to one
> which is online somewhere. Is there one?

You should do it how you want to do it.  I suggested starting with the
library template because I think it would be a lot easier, since the
Makefile was custom made to work well with Debian packaging by providing
very standard names for commands "make clean", "make", "make install",
"make dist", etc.