On 2012-12-03 14:41, Pagano, Patrick wrote:
I tried with two separate cables, to make sure
One was a gigaware usb-A-serial cable 26-949, the other was a simple dongle one
that windows 7 setup automatically
I have even hooked it up to an XP box that had 2 dedicated serial ports,
changed the serial cable extension just in case
Still with no response
I am at a loss
Currently it's hooked up to a windows XP box running pd-extended 42-5 and
hooked directly from the serial port to the BenQ projector
The port was previously hooked up and working with a gentner echo suppressor so
I know it works

I would check to see if the cable is a modem or a printer cable (does it cross over Rx -> Tx or not?). Also handshaking may be required (RTS/CTS or DSR/DTR).

Martin