it "does something" but probably needs some fixes.  a merge with
the 3D code in pf is next.
i don't know what "does something" means, but it sounds like a good start.

Most of it seems to work but I'm not sure if the scale / projection parameters are correct.

Some of the examples do not look like I remember them, but then comparing with the last couple of releases does seem to give similar results...

further tests might expose the glx window close problem as they now
use the same code.
that might have been a false alarm.
i haven't been able to reproduce the problem now on two different
machines (one with an intel gfx card, the other with nvidia drivers);
the machine with the ati-radeon card might have a different problem.

I've also noticed rare, hard to reproduce problems with X / GLX so there's probably something not right.