On 01/29/2014 05:40 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
On Mon, 2014-01-27 at 21:34 -0500, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
On 01/27/2014 05:35 PM, Roman Haefeli wrote:
Hi

I'm using a template consisting of a rectangle done with [filledpolygon]
and a number [drawnumber] in it. While mouse clicks anywhere in the area
of the rectangle are detected, it's only possible to change the number
with the keyboard when I exactly click on the number. Is there a way to
make the number catch the keyboard no matter where I click in the
rectangle?
One possibility is to make the hotspot bbox settable.
Actually, something like this would be on my wishlist. Knowing it does
not exist yet, I hoped for some kludge solution.

It would literally be five minutes of dev time. But I'm not sure it's the ideal solution since often you want a hotspot to exceed the formal bounds of an object, and this wouldn't do that.

Still, I'll code it up and see how it works.

  Or maybe have a
method to forward widgetbehaviors to another drawing command.
Would certainly be interesting too, though having the hotspot area be
configurable would make this less important.

Probably best to just fool around with Raphael.js or some such library to see what it does, and see what can be ported.

-Jonathan

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

Roman