Also, to be honest, at this point if Cycling 74 came out with Max runtimes for
iOS and Linux, I would probably switch. I don't say that because I don't like
PD, but more from a pragmatic point of view where I consider which project is
currently progressing in the long term.

For instance, on PD-dev, we're talking about updating GEM so it will work with
the new Apple APIS aka in 64bit on any Mac OSX 10.7+. The writing has been on
the wall for that transition FOR YEARS but there has been no work on that
front. I must admit that I'm volunteering to make this update not because I use
GEM, but because I fear PD losing out to Max when GEM doesn't work in computer
labs running new Macs. Again, this is from personal experience at a major
teaching institution where I was trying to push teaching PD but, frankly, it
just wouldn't cut it for course requirements and taste of the professors
involved. And I take that as a personal failure.

enohp ym morf tnes
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com
robotcowboy.com