On 2014-02-25 23:11, Allen, Michael wrote:
I've had issues getting an arduino to work right with PD on my Raspberry
Pi. Basically PD won't start up right with the arduino plugged in from
the command line without some finesse.

I turn the Pi on, start Jack, then start PD-Extended to open a patch.
The patch has a load bang to a comport object with the device name and
baud rate. This patch has a the CPU load meter set to print, and the
value of several pots set to print through the arduino. The first time
the patch will freeze:

Any ideas why it won't load up from the start? I have tried delaying the
comport open for a second, with no luck.

Well without seeing the patch, I can only guess:
Does the loadbang hit the baud rate or the open first?
Make sure you don't send anything to the arduino for a few seconds or you will invoke the bootloader by mistake.

Martin