Dear list,

I've been working on a patch for quite a few months now which involves pitch
tracking. I've explored many possible solutions, considering the pros and cons
of every approach, made different tests, etc. I've also done a lot of reading
(help files, forums, etc), but I couldn't find satisfying answers to all my
questions. I am now in front of 4 or 5 different approach, each of which
requires to do a certain number of compromise at different level. My feeling is
that I am now at the point where I could possibly eliminate some of those
compromise with your help.

I have a lot of questions, but I'll start with one regarding Sigmund's notes
parameters. I've done a lot of tests, changing one parameter at a time. I found
that only the stable time and vibrato parameters seems to be affecting the
output the way it should. The other parameters - growth and minpower - doesn't
seem to be working the way it's described in the help file. Am I the only
person who noticed that? When I looked in the list archives, I found someone
else mentioning this issue but nobody replied (and i lost the link to the
thread).

I'm using my patch to track the pitch of a violin. What I'm trying to do is to
convert the pitch of the violon into the most accurate "note on" message
possible (with midi note and velocity). I need this patch to be as responsive
as possible but also with as few insignificant output as possible.

Thanks for your help!

Benoît Fortier
581 995-5622