On 2014-04-27 13:52, Ingo wrote:
Thanks!
Could be a possibility but I was hoping for an object that would be able to
read I2C directly without adding an arduino since most smaller arm boards do
have some I2C pins onboard.

If the machine Pd is running on has an I2C port and is running linux then you can use spidev to access it. Otherwise you need to use a serial connection to an off-board microcontroller like the arduino or teensy or FRDM-KL25Z to relay messages between the I2C and USB serial connections. A lot of motherboards have I2C but it's mainly used for the temperature sensors and you don't get access via any header.

Ingo