I just got pdcurses from Australian home site, and was
unable to compile them.  I have received the following
error message:
---
[Windows 98] C:\egcs\pdc\win32\pdc24>make
gcc -c -O -Wall -D_NO_OLDNAMES -Ic:/egcs/pdc
-Ic:/egcs/include -opdckbd.o
c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c: In function
`PDC_get_input_fd':

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:390: warning: implicit
declaration of function `fileno'

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c: In function
`PDC_get_bios_key':

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:537: `DOUBLE_CLICK'
undeclared (first use in this function)

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:537: (Each undeclared
identifier is reported only once

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:537: for each function it
appears in.)

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:543:
`FROM_LEFT_1ST_BUTTON_PRESSED' undeclared (first use
in this function)

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:559:
`RIGHTMOST_BUTTON_PRESSED' undeclared (first use in
this function)

c:/egcs/pdc/win32/pdckbd.c:610:
`FROM_LEFT_2ND_BUTTON_PRESSED' undeclared (first use
in this function)

C:\CVS\MAKE.EXE: *** [pdckbd.o] Error 1

---

I have followed directions, created pdc24 directory
inside win32 directory, then copied mingwin32.mak into
pdc24 (and renamed it to "Makefile" for convinience).
I am using the latest version of the mingw32
distribution (gcc v2.95).  I have been able to compile
the whole pdcurses package without a problem before,
and now that I have reinstalled everything I can't
compile it anymore.

I have no idea why it complains about fileno which
should be defined in stdio.h (I tried including it,
and still got the same error).  I couldn't find the
declaration for DOUBLE_CLICK in any mingw32 include
files, and I found similar but not exactly the same
declarations in curses .h files.

Any ideas?

--Leo

=====