Hi.

I'm currently porting an app from Unix/ncurses to Windows/PDCurses. The
program uses pads for much of the screen handling, with scrolling enabled.
However, when I build it under Windows, then scrolling does not function.

Here is some sample code which illustrates the problem:

===
#include <curses.h>

int     main(void)
{
        WINDOW  *w;
        int     i;

        if (initscr() != NULL) {
                if ((w = newpad(50,80)) != NULL) {
                        scrollok(w,TRUE);

                        for (i = 1 ; i <= 100 ; i++) {
                                wprintw(w,"%d\n",i);
                                prefresh(w,0,0,0,0,24,79);
                        }
                }
                endwin();
        }

        return 0;
}
===

If I build this with ncurses and run it, the numbers scroll up the screen.
If I change scrollok() to FALSE, it doesn't scroll. That's the behaviour
I'd expect.

If I build it with PDCurses under Windows, (MSVC++ 6) the screen does not
scroll, even if scrollok() is set to TRUE.

Scrolling normal windows all seems to work as I'd expect - I'm only seeing
the problem when using pads.

   Ian.
--
Ian Peattie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
John Richard and Company (Software) Ltd.