Hi Derek,

I was using gcc and gfortran which I got from http://hpc.sourceforge.net
<http://hpc.sourceforge.net/>

However this particular gcc seems buggy (libgsl make check  failed!) and I am
looking next to re-compile everything consistently with either Apple CC or
Apple GCC - still experimenting! Apple GCC avoids the libgsl problem and I
expect it will also do fine for pgplot - both GCCs are gcc11 variants.

Note I am also using the X11 server that comes with Macports, which has been
ported to the M1.

Not sure what is going on with that bug report - I’ve always built SciPDL with
pgplot v5.3.1 which was the final version and may have fixed some bugs. I now
see though it was never properly released. I would start by switching to that.
I also tweaked one of the lines of code in one of the drivers and changed some
folder defaults.

It would be great to get all of PDL, pgplot etc going in Macports. I now know a
bunch of tricks for getting everything to build but I don’t really know how to
write port files - I’d be most happy to work with you or whomever on this
off-list.

best,

Karl