Dear David and Ed,

I have hacked something together that uses FlexRaw, IPC::Cmd, and
File::Temp to write and read files. I am ironing it out and will release
it later today, I guess.

As already found out, it is written in C++, I haven't looked for C
interfaces myself yet. Interfacing in PP is something to look into, if
it is worth it.

Ingo