> Happy New Year to All!
>
> I have a basic question about negative film
> processing.
> I know that the lab you choose determines the quality
> or exposure of the print, but is there a significant
> difference in the quality of the negative itself from
> lab (most expensive specialty lab) to lab(grocery
> store/pharmacy). The reason I ask is because I'm
> considering having "negatives only" processed in the
> future to save money, by only printing the ones that I
> like.

I've been doing this for quite sometime and am very pleased overall with the
results from my local Winn-Dixie Supermarket.  I scan with an HP S20 and
print on an Epson 1270 using Epson Premium  Glossy Photo paper and can't
tell any difference between my prints and the average machine print.

Bill
[EMAIL PROTECTED]