--- Chris Brogden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, BYRON BUTLER wrote:

<snip>
I just picked up a "K" 30mm f2.8
> yesterday, and I can't wait
> to try it out.  Is there anyone else on the list who
> has this lens?  I
> gather they're relatively rare, but there must be
> *someone* who's shot
> with it before, right?
>
> chris

This was one of my first lenses when I bought into the
Pentax system. I still have it today and I love it for
its (IMO) particular "characteristic":
This lens delivers distinctly cooler colors and has a
much better blue rendition than other K and M lenses
(on slide film). Pictures look extremely sharp and
render very fine details (stop down the lens a bit),
which results in outstanding black and white prints.
The disadvantage of this lens is, I think, that color
saturation is somewhat lower than that of the other,
"warmer" K and M lenses. However, the 30mm delivers
much finer color tones. IMO it is a great lens.
Alexander