Tom Brock queried:

> I'm in the market for two Pentax
> screw-mount lenses: a 28mm and 105mm.
> Does anyone have those in good
> condition they'd like to sell?

J. C. O'Connell (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]) just put about 15
or so Super Takumars on eBay.  You can check there or write
him directly.   JCO's a regular contributor here.

> I discovered e-bay a few weeks ago.
> Just discovered KEH today. Anyone
> want to offer an opinion about those
> places or others that I might turn
> in case I can't  find these old lenses
> through this group?

Many people here have purchased items from eBay, and, for the
most  part,  they've been satisfied.  Just read the item
descriptions carefully, check out  the seller carefully, and
know the value of the item you're bidding on.  Above all, ask
specific questions about the item if you have any doubts.
Take your time bidding ... there's always another sample of
the  lens you want coming up.

KEH has an excellent reputation.  Some people feel that their
prices are high - maybe so, but I've been pleased with
everything I've purchased from them.

Charlotte Camera has a good reputation, too.  I think a fair
number of list  members have purchased  items  through them.
I like that you can talk directly to a salesperson who will
describe the item for you.  I recall looking for one
hard-to-find lens or another, and described the quality I was
seeking.  The Charlotte salesman told me that I'd probably not
be satisfied with the example they had.

Rich at Woodmere Camera in NY has good merchandise, and he's
honest.   I think some of his prices are a bit high, but I've
never been disappointed with anything I purchased from Rich.

Mid West Photo Exchange has been mentioned here frequently by
Collin. He finally  got me to give 'em a try, and I was
satisfied.  I purchased aa viewfinder for my LX and it was
almost like new,  and at a very fair price.

Hope this helps.
--
Shel Belinkoff
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]