Hi all,

For a long time now I have been looking for a good name for the FAQ
section of the KMP (www.phred.org/pentax/k/FAQ/).  Apparently I am not the
one who thinks that "FAQ" is not the best choice:

> when I see an "FAQ" link, I somehow tend to expect that it gives answers
> to pretty specific questions and not a general overview of the whole thing
> (even though precisely that is maybe what people ask for most often). So my
> suggestion is to take the first two items from the FAQ page and give them a
> separate page. I know that this procedure would make any link more visible,
> resulting in a completely messy first page, but this particular link is
> worth it.

I really do not want to move the two links to the front page.  I want the
initial view of the KMP to reveal tho whole thing.  Putting the links on
the main page wil make the page too big to fit on an 800x600 browser
window, and some people may still not see these links.

I would prefer to give a better name to the FAQ section.  In fact, I know
of a better name: "K-Mount 101", but this one only makes sense to those
familiar with the American university system.

So, what's a better name for this section?  What's a good place for this
link (top menu or bottom menu)?

TIA,
Boz

PS:

> is there somewhere on the K-mount website information on
> K-mount-compatible lenses called other than "Pentax" - Takumar, Vivitar,
> Soligor and so on?

No, I only have info on items produced by Pentax.  Still, for a little bit
of help, check here: www.phred.org/pentax/k/lenses/non-SMC/

> I tried to find this information without success (which doesn't mean it
> is not there, of course).

That's probably because there is simply too much to do.  THere are a lot of
companies that produced K-mount equipment and many, many more that markted
this gear.

visit http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.