In a message dated 1/14/2001 7:20:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>If none of these converters are made by Pentax, these advertisers are
>sure trying hard to make it look like they are.....

I think they intend the "f" as shorthand for "for", Skip, so that "fPentax"
means "for Pentax" (and in fact almost surely made by someone else).  Pentax
items are referred to as "Pentax", while 3rd-party items are referred to as
"for Pentax".

Since this is quite a common abbreviation in the ads, I don't think deceit is
really intended.  (On the other hand, I would not be surprised if the sellers
wouldn't mind if you were a little confused about it...)  <g>

Fred

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.