"David A. Mann" wrote:

> Robert P. VanNatta writes:
>
> > I think you will like the K2---but setting the ASA is a dog---- sort of a design
> > issue.
>
>  When it works it works really well in my opinion.  I have one K2 here where
> the spring that holds the locking tab is broken and that _is_ a dog to set.

Mine was always difficult to set -- a small screwdriver helped--becuase my fat fingers
couldn't grip the ring.    At least it and the exposure compensation ring
don't drift when rubbed against the case like my Super Program does.

I was very fond of my K2 but now that it is gone, I don't see myself every yearning
to buy another.   TTL flash support, and the 'program mode' are more important
to me than the mirror lockup so the Super Program makes sense to me.

> > Something they don't make any more--- a camera that is fully functional
> > (except for light meter) with a dead battery.
>
>  On the K2 you only get three shutter speeds without the battery.  B,
> 1/125(X) and 1/1000.

My mindset was that it had a wide range of mechanical speeds---but I never
tried using it without batteries.