Well, you have to scan it and save it. Most scanners come with a
PhotoShop Plug-in that you install. Then, when you scan the photo it
will automatically open it in Photoshop. But Photoshop can open almost
any image type that a scanner can produce. Once you've opened it in
Photoshop, you simply resize it with the "Image Size" control to fit the
PUG standard.
Paul