>For information purposes only: does anyone, other then we macro shooters,
>accustomed as we are to crawling on the ground in search of tiny flowers or
>even smaller insect-type critters, ever shoot from a tripod *without*
>extending its legs? Or set a tripod up so the platform is just high enough
>off the ground to clear obvious foreground obstacles?
>And practically, isn't a tripod only used to steady/level the camera platform?
>Finally: why do we shoot from the standing position most of the time?
>
>Mafud
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Mafud,

My own limited experience is that the shots I take from the normal standing
position are generally the worst on any given roll of film, either hand
held or on the tripod. I don't know if contorting myself helps me to see
more clearly or if it is simply the case that the "new" perspective
automatically generates a bonus point for the photo. Whichever it is, when
my brain is working, I try to shoot from standing only when that affords me
the best angle or view of my subject.

Dan Scott
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.