>I can't remember who, but someone was asking about the Winder MX.

I cannot tell a lie, it was me. Except that, as Peter pointed out, it was
in fact a Motor Drive MX that I'm after. I used to have one but insanity
possessed me and I sold it a few years ago.

I've got a Winder MX already, the battery door fell off when the nylon
thumbwheel broke. After a fruitless search for a similar thumbwheel, I
gave up and made one from scratch using a [metal] bolt with the right
sized thread that had a very wide top. I filed it down to the right
diameter, then carefully filed in recesses for the fingernail to catch on
when screwing/unscrewing the battery door. It worked flawlessly until a
slight overtightening resulted in the 'nut' part (attached to the battery
door) semi-disintigrating. Aaaargh. There is just enough thread left on
the plastic/nylon/whatever 'nut' to keep the battery door closed tight.

The 2 fps speed of the winder is sufficient for most instances, but there
are occasions when I really could do with the choice of selecting up to 5
fps -admittedly rare.

If anyone reading this comes across a Motor Drive MX for sale -anywhere-
please email me off-list and secure yourself a nominal reward!

Cheers,

Cotty.

Cotty's MacAds - free UK Macintosh classified ads at www.macads.co.uk
Adverts to [EMAIL PROTECTED] / all  other  abuse to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.