On 24 Jan 2001, at 19:52, Alan Chan wrote:

> >I've recently posted an email to pl.rec.foto newsgroup asking what
> >flash would be recommended for a newbie Pentax MZ-5n user like me. I
> >got two kinds of responses:
> >
> >1. Buy Metz 32 MZ-3 - very good performance / price factor, bounce,
> >swivel, etc.
> >
> >2. Pentax AF330FTZ - it's Pentax, and it has convinient LCD with lots
> >of info.
> >
> >My question is - of these two, which one you'd recommend? Or maybe
> >there's another?

I have th 40MZ2 from Metz.  Love it.  A bit more power than the
32MZ-3 but feature wise, thats about it.  Also, on the "Plus" side
of the Metz, you can also buy a TTL-Extension cable and a handle
grip for it, making it really easy to use off the camera.  And if you
have another type of system (MF or heaven forbit, C**** or N****),
you don't have to purchase a second flash - just a different adapter.

My 2 bits.

Cheers!
Brian
visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.