During the Nature Photo Weekend, camping spaces are available first
come/first served in the picnic area inside the property. It's primitive,
meaning there are no showers. There is also the possbility that one of the
lower meadows will be opened for camping, though that's not yet been
confirmed.

Please note that, as Tom R. pointed out, the property closes at 7pm, which
means there's a big gate. Camping on the property means your car/truck/large
mode of transportation is locked in too, and to get off the property
requires a.) an emergency and b.) finding someone with a key. Running out of
cigarettes does NOT constitute an emergency. I guess you could park outside
the gate and walk up to the picnic area, but there's liability there as
well, and walking on the road is strongly discouraged.

But what if you stay outside the property and want to get up top to take
some sunrise photos? If there's enough interest, we usually arrange to have
someone at the gate around 5-5:30am until right before 8am, when the park
opens for the day.

Staying on the property is much more fun; you can hang with your Pentax
posse until late in the night. Heck, we've been known to sit up until 10:30
or so.

woo woo,

Doug

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.