Tom wrote:

"But then I could be wrong.  Folks on this list tell me I am
wrong about the 35/1.4A.  Only if so, what was that I held in my
hand once.  It was used and they wanted a $1000 for it so I
couldn't afford it.  But I put it on a camera and looked through
it, and lusted for it.  Also why did a Pentax rep agree that
they existed, but were very hard to find because they only made
a few?"

REPLY:
You might not be wrong. But then you're only the second person I'm aware of that
reports the existence of this lens. I have previously asked on this forum if anyone
have actually seen the thing. I believe it was Darren Sutherland who first reported
the existence of this lens. He had heard it from a Pentax rep. He also said that there
was an A 100-300 zoom lens in existence.

Pål

visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org.